This article is going to highlight several effective naturopathic remedies to assist in the removal of radiation from the human body. The information can be used if you are undergoing any treatments that have radiation therapy attached to them, such as chemotherapy, and can also be taken into consideration for preparation and survival.
We have Fukushima that is an ongoing release of radiation into the Pacific Ocean, and we also have a world situation where the nations are poised on the brink of thermonuclear war. Knowing what to do when this type of disaster occurs can save your life and those around you. The most important point to go from here is to educate yourself on what happens when a nuke is dropped.
Types of Radiation Exposure
Radiation affects the tissues and leads to cancer risks with long-term exposure. For a really good expose on it, read Cresson Kearney’s “Nuclear War Survival Skills” series of information articles that give many different ways to protect against it. The information is free and downloadable from the internet. In this type of emergency, it is paramount that you understand the differences in radiation exposure.
Contamination – This is usually unintended contact from radioactive material such as dust or liquid. This type of exposure may be internal or external, but nevertheless, causes poisoning to the body.
Irradiation – This is the process by which an object is exposed to radiation, but not radioactive material. This usually occurs with x-ray machines, cancer treatments and blood transfusions. That said, the exposure can originate from various sources, including natural sources. Irradiation can involve the whole body, which, if the dose is high enough, can result in systemic symptoms and radiation syndromes or a small part of the body (i.e., from radiation therapy), which can result in local effects.
What symptoms to look for with radiation poisoning:
7 Natural Supplements that Remove Radiation From the Body
Now we’re going to outline some aids you can use. Having these essential supplements on hand will assist in helping the body prevent the absorption of radiation. As well, it is recommended that each family member have a bottle each of these natural supplements stored.
- Calcium and Magnesium: these minerals combat the uptake of Strontium 90by over 90% when taken. Studies were conducted by Dr. Linus Pauling showing how the calcium blocks the uptake of this dangerous radioisotope.
- Zeolite Clay: also combats Strontium 90 as well as Cesium 137, another dangerous radioactive isotope. It was used effectively for victims of Chernobyl. Zeolites attach themselves to radiation and remove it at the cellular level. The U.S. military uses Zeolite clay to line the floors of its weapons arsenals to help protect against radiation. The clay can be taken (ingested) internally to remove radiation.
- Activated Charcoal: reduces radiation by neutralizing it. The ratio of reduction is 10 grams of activated charcoal will reduce 7 grams of toxic substance. You already are aware of how important activated charcoal is regarding water purification; now you can add this medicinal use to your preparation supplies.
- Bee Pollen: can drastically reduce the harmful side effects of radiation exposure. This is beneficial to those undergoing chemotherapy. The side effects such as that of radium, x-rays and cobalt-60 radiotherapy can be buffered against with the bee pollen. Bee pollen intake is a natural method of boosting vital functions, such as red and white blood cell and antibody production. These functions are hampered by radiation, be it an uncontrolled release or a controlled therapy.
- Oils: Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and hemp oil can remove radiation. Studies have shown that the lipids in these oils (and other oils as well) bind to toxins, as well as strengthening cellular membranes. Various studies agree that if you have been exposed, drinking 4 ounces of oil can neutralize the toxins and help pull the radiation out of your system, as well as strengthening your cellular tissues.
- Chlorella: is a single-celled green algae that is extremely useful in detoxification of tissues; it can be used concurrently with the other aids mentioned for the removal of radiation from your system.
- Iodine tablets: use those approved specifically for a nuclear disaster/exposure to radiation. The way they work is that they are taken up by the Thyroid gland, and in essence “crowd” the gland…blocking further uptake from the deadly forms of radioactive iodine (the harmful isotopes) found in a nuclear blast/nuclear accident.
As with all things, consult with your physician prior to utilizing any of these supplements, especially the calcium and magnesium. Many heart patients use things such as calcium channel blockers and the like. Too much calcium or any mineral can potentially upset the delicate balance in their system. Check with the physician to find out about any potential problems or contraindications prior to utilizing the information in this article. The information is presented for informational purposes only, and does not intend to diagnose, treat, or prescribe any cure or action.
Even if these seven mentioned materials are not used on a daily basis, it cannot hurt you to have them in your disaster supplies. The time to obtain such materials is, of course, before an event occurs. Familiarize yourself with the manufacturer’s recommendations and know how to use each material. Have a great day, and keep up the good work with your preps and supplies. JJ out!
Jeremiah Johnson is the Nom de plume of a retired Green Beret of the United States Army Special Forces (Airborne). Mr. Johnson was a Special Forces Medic, EMT and ACLS-certified, with comprehensive training in wilderness survival, rescue, and patient-extraction. He is a Certified Master Herbalist and a graduate of the Global College of Natural Medicine of Santa Ana, CA. A graduate of the U.S. Army’s survival course of SERE school (Survival Evasion Resistance Escape), Mr. Johnson also successfully completed the Montana Master Food Preserver Course for home-canning, smoking, and dehydrating foods.
Mr. Johnson dries and tinctures a wide variety of medicinal herbs taken by wild crafting and cultivation, in addition to preserving and canning his own food. An expert in land navigation, survival, mountaineering, and parachuting as trained by the United States Army, Mr. Johnson is an ardent advocate for preparedness, self-sufficiency, and long-term disaster sustainability for families. He and his wife survived Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. Cross-trained as a Special Forces Engineer, he is an expert in supply, logistics, transport, and long-term storage of perishable materials, having incorporated many of these techniques plus some unique innovations in his own homestead.
Mr. Johnson brings practical, tested experience firmly rooted in formal education to his writings and to our team. He and his wife live in a cabin in the mountains of Western Montana with their three cats.